Hey everyone, we all have one of those days when we don’t feel like cooking. Still there is a thought, back in your head, saying you should eat healthy and home cooked food. So here is an easy and complete one pot meal for those lazy days. It’s easy yet yummy. And this could be the redemption for bachelors who do not know much cooking and a husband whose wife went her mom’s place.
Here is the small video and for written recipe scroll down below.
· Rice – 1 cup
· Potatoes – 2 medium sized, peeled and chopped
· Cauliflower – chopped floret about a cup
· Onion – 1 medium, julienne
· Peas – half a cup
· Bay leaf – 1
· Clove – 4
· Cinnamon stick – about an inch
· Cumin seeds – 1tbs
· Cumin powder – 1tbs
· Coriander powder – 2tbs
· Turmeric powder – ½ tbs
· Red chili powder – ½ tbs
· Dried ginger powder – ½ tbs
· Garam masala – ½ tbs
· Oil – 4tbs
· Water – 2 cups
· Salt – to taste
|1. Wash and soak rice in water for about half an hour. I used basmati rice.
2. Heat oil directly in cooker and add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and cumin seeds.
3. Once cumin starts to crackle add onions and sauté till it starts to turn brown.
4. Now add potatoes, peas and cauliflower and let it cook for 5 minutes.
5. Now add all the dry spices and sauté for 1 minute.
6. Time to add rice. Drain all the water and add rice in cooker. Mix well with spices.
7. Add water and salt.
8. Mix everything. Switch the gas on high flame and let it come to boil.
9. When there is very less amount of water left in rice (as can be seen on video) then close the lid and wait for on whistle.
10. Let the cooker cool down and your food is ready.
Usually I serve this with raita. You can also make it a bit fancy serving with papad, pickle and salad. I hope you enjoy your meal. And do share how this turned out for you. I will see you next time with some more easy recipes.
Note – Feel free to add more vegetables.
You can also follow me on –
Blog – http://www.littledidthatiknow.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/littledidthatiknow/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/SnehaAbhiSood
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/snehasood/
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqVFadSO4WI3Ls7KB_1dybg