Recently I posted a photograph of besan laddos ,that I made, in a facebook group Chef at Large . And so many people asked me for the recipe. I though I will post it later when I have photos to show all the steps but I don’t want all those lovely people to wait anymore. I will add the photos later when I make them again.I was gonna do it today but I ran out of besan and its raining outside. So I am gonna get straight to recipe.
- Besan (gram flour) – 2 cups
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – about 3 to 4
- Ghee / unsalted butter – 6 tbs
- Dry fruits (if you want to add)
- Sooji/ semolina – 2 tbs
- Take a microwave safe bowl and add ghee to it. We need it melted if its not then put it in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add semolina and gram flour to it. I am adding semolina because the flour that I have is very fine, if you have coarse besan then you can skip this part.
- Mix it well and pop this into microwave for 2 mins in high power setting.
- Take it out mix it again and microwave for 1 more min.
- Now repeat step 4 for 3 more times. You will get nice aroma coming out of the mix and that is your cue to keep eye on it. You can microwave it according to your self. I prefer having them nice and brown but you can stop when ever you like.
- If you want to add some dry fruits then this is the time, after adding it microwave for 1 more min. I don’t add it because my husband doesn’t like it.
- Now add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well and you are done.
- You can start making laddoos (small balls).
Wasn’t it easy. It’s so cool for festivals when you don’t have much time but yet you need some sweets. And it is all done using just one bowl. It literally takes 10 mins to do all this.Do share how much time it took you to make these.