This is again gonna be a quick breakfast recipe for egg lovers. It can be microwaved or baked and we are gonna make a single serving dish. It is pretty fancy looking dish and will be perfect if you wanna serve it to guests or just amuse your family or in the matter of fact your own self. This recipe is one of Gemma’s Bigger bolder baking recipe, I just love her cooking and thought of sharing my own version of it.
First we need marinara sauce, so here we go
- Tomato – 1 big and juicy one, chop it finely
- Onion – 1 medium size , finely chopped
- Garlic – 4 to 5 cloves , finely chopped
- Egg – 1
- Oregano – 1/4 tbs
- Chili flakes – 1/4 tbs
- Black pepper – 1/8 tbs
- Olive oil – 2 tbs
- Cheddar cheese
- Take oil in pan, heat it and add onions.
- Saute till they become translucent and add garlic.
- When it looks quite done then add chili flakes and mix well.
- Now we are going to add tomato.
- Let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Don’t dry them out.
- Add oregano, mix well.
- Now we will add seasoning, some salt and pepper.
- If it tastes to tangy then go ahead and add some sugar.
Our marinara sauce is ready now , this sauce can be very well used with any other dishes like pasta , lasagna or pizza.
Now is the time to assemble our dish.
- Take a microwave safe dish, add your marinara sauce and make a well in center.
- Crack an egg in the middle.
- Add some cheese on top.
- Microwave for 3 to 4 mins.
- There you go, your single serving tangy egg is ready garnish with some oregano and chili flakes or basil, whatever you like. Serve it with toasted bread.
Look how beautiful it looks and it smells great. Too bad I don’t eat egg so I am gonna let my husband enjoy that. Let me know how did that turn out for you. 🙂
Note – You can either bake it or microwave it. For baking put it in 180°C for about 15 mins. In my case I microwaved it. Adjust the timings based on how you like your eggs.