Who doesn’t love cookies? I know I do. Nothing can beat freshly baked cookies. So after failing measurably once I finally put together recipe for perfect egg less cookies. It is so very simple, quick and requires no baking expertise. Here is what you have to do –
- Butter (unsalted) – 2 tbs
- Powdered Sugar – 2 tbs
- All purpose flour – 3 tbs
- Baking powder – 1/4 tbs
- Baking soda -1/8 tbs
- Vanilla extract – 2 to 3 drops
- Milk – 1 tbs
- Chocolate chips – As much as you like
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your over at 180°.
- Take melted butter in a bowl. What I usually do is pop that into microwave for about 30 seconds. Wait for few second till the bowl cools down, I don’t want you to put your hand in hot melted butter.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients in butter. This is just to make sure everything is well combined. You can also take all dry ingredients in separate bowl and whisk.
- Mix everything together and yes, it is suppose to be bit dry. Now you can add 1 tbs of milk to bind the dough together. (Note- Do not put more milk, even few drops can be enough).
- Make small balls out of the dough. With this measurement you are gonna get 4.
- Take a baking try apply some butter on it so nothing sticks, and put your cookie balls on top make sure you have enough space between them because they are going to spread. Press the dough to make them flatten a bit. (Now this is where it all goes wrong. At this point you don’t know how much that is going to spread. I suggest doing a small batch first so that you can find out how much thicker dough you have to bake so final product is of correct thickness.)
- Now it is time to bake. It will take about 10 to 15 mins. After 10 mins keep close eye on them if they start to turn brown around the edges, take them out. We don’t want to burn the bottom.
And now you have it your “Eggless Choco-chip Cookies” ready in about 15 mins. I like my cookies hot and gooey but give it a minute to cool down.
Key Notes : Here are some points to avoid errors –
- Keep your baking try in top rack so there is less chance of burning the bottom.
- Also as soon as you take them out of oven transfer all the cookies from baking tray to cooling rack, because hot plate can cause bottom to burn.
- If you see that cookies are not spreading then don’t panic, before putting in next batch flatten them yourself.
- To make powdered sugar, just take regular sugar and grid it in mixer. Usually I keep stock of it so that I can use them anytime, eliminating one extra step.
- You can also use brown sugar instead of white or combination of both.
- How much your cookies are going to spread is completely upto the ingredients you use and in which proportion they are. If it goes wrong in first attempt don’t worry try it again. That’s how I learnt. 🙂