Hello there, let me start by saying I LOVE DONUTS. So I thought why not give it a try, and believe me it turned out great. My parents are here and they are not much into junk food but they loved it and it’s not like they said it because they are my parents, no, I do receive fair share of criticism. So here I present “Eggless Chocolate Glazed Donuts”. Enjoy the show and for detailed recipe scroll down.
· All Purpose Flour – 2 Cups and more if required
· Milk Powder – 4 tbs
· Milk – 1 Cup
· Unsalted Melted butter – 4 tbs
· Powdered Sugar – ½ Cup
· Dried Active Yeast – 1 ½ tbs
· Salt – ¼ tbs
· Vanilla Extract – 1tbs
(For Chocolate glaze)
· Unsalted Butter – 4 tbs
· Powdered Sugar – 2 tbs
· Unsweetened Coco powder – 2 tbs
|1. Warm up the milk and dissolve 1tbs powdered sugar in it.
2. Add yeast, stir.
3. Cover this with kitchen towel and let it sit for about 10 minutes till it activates.
4. When yeast is activated there will be a foamy layer on milk now add vanilla extract and mix.
5. In another bowl take all dry ingredients flour, sugar, milk powder, salt and mix well.
6. Now make a well in center and pore the milk prepared earlier.
7. Mix everything well. It will be very sticky also add butter while mixing.
8. Cover this with clear wrap and kitchen towel and let it rise for about 30 to 45 mins.
9. Now punch down the air and add more flour and make soft dough out of it.
10. Roll out the down about 1mm thick and cut rounds out of it like it’s shown in video.
11. Let them sit again for 30 mins.
12. Time to deep fry our donuts.
13. Donuts are ready let them cool down and we can start on glaze.
14. Melt butter in a pan.
15. Add sugar, cocoa powder and mix well till it’s smooth and thick.
16. Dip donuts into glaze and it’s ready to serve.
Hope you guys enjoyed watching the video and will also enjoy cooking these. You can choose topping or your own and trust me kids are going to love this and after this you will never go out to buy donuts.
Do share your experience and photos, it makes me happy.
- For making glaze make sure butter is melted but not hot otherwise sugar will caramelize and separate from butter.
- Keep the dough in warm place while it’s resting.
- I used steel bowl and an icing nozzle to cut out donuts.
- Instead of making chocolate glaze you can melt chocolate bars (Milk, Dark, white) or jam for glazing.
Eat delicious, look fabulous.. 🙂
You can also follow me on –
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/littledidthatiknow/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/SnehaAbhiSood
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/snehasood/