Everyone loves Desi Chinese, so I thought why not to take it up a notch. Here I am going to share my recipe for “Indian Veg Masala Noodles”. It all started in my office’s pantry. My lunch mates always ask me whether I add Maggi Masala in pulav that I bring after all this is one flavor that most of us are fond of. So I thought why not give it a try and use it for cooking noodles. And it turned out to be great. So here it is –
- Onion – 1 medium Julienne
- Tomato – 1 small finely chopped
- Capsicum – 1 small Julienne
- Coriander powder – 1 tbs
- Cumin powder – ½ tbs
- Red chili powder – 1/4th tbs
- Turmeric powder – 1/4th tbs
- Garam Masala – ½ tbs
- Dried red chili – 1 (You can add more if you want it spicier)
- Noodles – About 125 gms
- Olive oil – 2 to 3 tbs
- Salt to taste
- First thing that you want to do is, keep water for boiling. This will be for cooking noodles. Add few drops of olive oil and some salt also in water.
- Take a pan and heat some oil.
- Add dried red chili.
- Add Onions and capsicum and sauté for few minutes. We don’t want onions to turn brown and its okay if it’s crunchy.
- Now add tomatoes and again cook for some time.
- Meanwhile if water has come to boil drop noodles in it and let it cook. For me it took about 10 minutes. Read the instruction on pack for the one you are using.
- On the other side if veggies are done then add all dry spices to and sauté till oil separates.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain them out and run it through cold water. This will stop them from further cooking so it will not get sticky. Also drizzle some olive oil and toss it.
- Back to our veggies, keep it on low flame and add noodles in small sections. It will be easy to mix this way. Once everything is mixed, switch off the flame and you got yourself Masala Noodles.
I hope you will like this, I surely did. Do share your experience. I will see you next time with some other recipe.