Its been some time since I posted my last recipe. I have been busy with the job thing then my migraine then all other things that follow that. But anyways I am back now.
Few days back I posted my vegetarian lasagna recipe so this time I am back with variation. I mentioned in the earlier recipe that my husband doesn’t like pasta. Basically he is the reason why I cook and if doesn’t like it than its all a complete waste. Particularly lasagna have pasta sheets which he didn’t want to eat so I had to come up with a variation and that’s what I am gonna share today.
This is a Tasty recipe, not only because it tastes good but also because I got the inspiration from Tasty (remember videos people share high speed videos of quick and unusual recipes, yeah that one). So we are going to replace pasta sheets in lasagna with potatoes. It gets real interesting. We are going to follow same pattern of layering but this one has less work. So here it goes –
Over all this is what we need –
- Potatoes – 2 potatoes, thinly sliced (More like chips,so it will take less time to cook)
- Spinach – a hand full
- White sauce
- Tomato sauce
- And don’t forget the cheese.( I am using cheddar)
For tomato sauce and white sauce I have already shared recipe in lasagna post. Here is the link for the same –
Now we are onto layering part. Here is what we are going to do ,
- Take a backing dish and rub some oil on it so nothing sticks.
- Now goes the tomato sauce.
- The interesting part , at this point normally you are suppose to put lasagna sheets.But we don’t have any so we are going to line up potatoes.
- Then again tomato sauce.
- Now we lay down spinach. I sprinkle some chilly flakes also to spice it up a little.
- There goes the white sauce.
- Most important thing cheese.
You can repeat above steps as many times as you want but make sure top layer is cheese.
- You know the drill, cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 15 mins in 180° , in a preheated oven.
- Now remove the foil and again bake for 5 mins.
- Put it on broil for about 2 – 3 mins, to get the cheese nice and brown.
There you go your no pasta lasagna is ready.
Note : This does not have pasta sheets to it is not going to hold its shape. I serve it with garlic bread. And if you like throw some other vegetables also in there. If those veggies take time to cook then saute them in some oil first. But this will increase the effort by little and whole point of this recipe was to make it quick.
Anyways, It turned out to be great and husband loved it. 🙂 Share you story as well when you try.
And in case if anybody is wondering where I got this baking dish so for people in Bangalore there is a great sale going on in HomeCenter which is part of lifestyle, you can check out this and some more amazing stuff in very good price.