Every time I eat paneer it is like same gravy, with cream or cashew paste. Which makes it all so heavy. Its okay for once in a while if you go to restaurant but not healthy for everyday cooking. So here I am going to share recipe for paneer that is full of vegetables and no cream or any high fat stuff. Lets get started.
- Cottage cheese /Paneer – 250 gms (cut into small cubes)
- Bell pepper (you can use all colors) – 3 medium sized (chopped into small pieces)
- Onions – 2 medium sized (julienne)
- Tomatoes – 2 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbs
- Green chilly – 1 , finely chopped
- Oil – 3 tbs
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbs
- Coriander powder – 2 tbs
- Cumin powder – 1 tbs
- Turmeric – 1/2 tbs
- Red chilly powder – 1tbs (more or less according to your taste)
- Pav bhaji masala – 1 tbs
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in pan. Add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add onions and green chilly, saute them till onions are translucent.
- Add capsicum and ginger garlic paste. Cook until its soft. (If you like crunchy then stop at any point you want. I like it soft and of course it will lose some color in this case).
- Now is the time to add tomatoes. Cook them till you see oil separating from them.
- When it is done, its time to add all dry spices (coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and pav bhaji masala). Saute for few mins.
- We have reached to the point where we add paneer/cottage cheese. Mix everything well and cook for 2 mins.(Note – At this stage you can call it done, sprinkle some salt and serve as it is. But I prefer adding some water to make it thick and soft.)
- Add water about half a cup and salt.
- Let it cook for few mins till you seen water boiling and everything blending well together.
And paneer is done. Its simple and makes everyday food more fun, to cook and eat. Hope you enjoy it cooking as much as I do
If you like this video then give it a thumbs up and do not forget to subscribe to the channel for more fun videos like this. You can also follow me on – Blog - http://www.littledidthatiknow.com/ Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/littledidthatiknow/ Twitter - https://twitter.com/SnehaAbhiSood Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/snehasood/